Wednesday 13 January 2010

First draft of Manifesto text / storyboard

Words in italic
Stage directions in bold

SCREEN1
Opening screen Big ‘My Manifesto for seizing opportunities’ gradually appearing on the screen.
‘by Pandora Taylor’ appears underneath
Fade to black

SCREEN2
‘Graphic Design is an opportunity...’ in a bubble appears on screen
My only goal, or rule for my ongoing practise is to seek and explore opportunities wherever possible - to cultivate a sense of adventure and exploration.
It is my belief that as an individual and graphic designer I will achieve greater progression through seizing opportunities.
This will have knock on benefits for both myself and my audience. Benefits which can be physical, mental or emotional

SCREEN 3
Zoom in on head image
‘To inform’ text appears on screen
Graphic design is an opportunity to inform
...and contribute to understanding and communication whether it be a road map or a political campaign, our world is dependent on information...

‘To clarify’ text appears on screen
this doesn’t necessarily simplifying but finding an appropriate method of getting the message across – to make the message clear. Sometimes ambiguity is the message

‘To learn’ text appears on screen
Through ongoing research and investigation. To problem solve. To become more culturally aware.

‘To create’ text appears on screen
I feel a sense of pride when developing something to be greater than the sum of its parts

‘To play’ text appears on screen
As Paula Scher suggests with her ‘serious play’ concept – take risks, try new things – Play – be as curious of a child

‘To challenge’ text appears on screen
Peoples preconceptions, or rules. Push the boundaries of what is the norm.

‘To influence’ text appears on screen
and adhere to my own ethical and moral principles

‘To dream’ text appears on screen
and explore the depths of my imagination.

‘To inspire’ text appears on screen
With strong and memorable messages

‘For self discovery’ text appears on screen
And find and explore my own style and learn about myself in the process

‘To share your soul’ text appears on screen
And feed your soul. And try very hard not to lose it

No comments:

Post a Comment