Wednesday 24 March 2010

Presentation feedback

General feedback for my presentation was positive although there is definitely alot of room for improvement. The actual slides were a hit but nerves got the better of me and I sped through the presentation and let my nerves get the better of me!

The feedback collated from the post its:

Negatives
Look at more people
Voice pitch
Too much self questioning - don't really understand that piece of advice as we were advised at this stage that it was an idea in progress, therefore stating that I still had some areas to investigate was appropriate
Slightly unclear of service
Speak up!
A bit nervous
Slow down
Draw on own experiences
Didn't say what makes the business better than competition

Positives
Snazzy and professional power point
Nice powerpoint
Simple bullet points
Less is more as your powerpoint 'Awesome'
Concise
Very informative
Good research
Good introduction to self
Very interesting solution to problem

The majority of my negatives were a reflection of my nerves - even the ones that didn't seem to be! for instance I have considered my own experiences in relation to this project and how I differ from the competition, but nerves made it so I only focused on the key points.

In terms of explaining my ideas I have always felt it easier to show rather than describe something. For my final presentation I will design an example web page to illustrate my idea more fully. I believe this will prompt me to remember key aspects of my business idea as I certainly can visualise it, but struggle with putting the idea across. I will also include some discussion on Strategy. As there will be no business premises some discussion on placing my business on Social networks will be a key aspect of my business.

One of the issues I have been struggling with is who my customers are? Are they clients? Freelancers? both. Ultimately I think this would change with the progression of the business. Initially the collaboration would be a small tight knit crew, but potentially it could evolve that I would be providing a service for freelancers. I need to ensure I keep my idea quite focused for now

No comments:

Post a Comment