Tuesday 8 February 2011

Week 1 of Developing Practice

This class really hit home how much I need to evolve some of my current habits. My knowledge of visual artists and practitioners could still be improved and I could do with working out ways to use my time more effectively. On the plus side though, I generally did quite well in the previous module and have some ideas as to how to progress the module forward.

Working out priorities and strategies:
  • What is the QUESTION about Graphic Arts practice that I would really like to find an answer to?
  • What RESEARCH can I carry out to help me find my answer?
  • What SOURCES can I identify to help me find my answer?
  • How will I ANALYSE the material I find?
  • How will I DECIDE what is relevant/useful?
  • What happens if I find there are several answers, or no answers... JUST MORE QUESTIONS?
Initial thoughts:
  • What is the perception of visual/interactive media? (emotional/learnt/cultural/physical)
  • Audience analysis of Graphic Arts
  • Perception of colour/imagery/sequence/medium/interactivity on the audience
  • How to tell a story without words/simple narration
  • Affect of sequence on audience perception
  • Current perceptions of...
  • Removing self from process
  • Impact of technology on magic/illusion/perception
  • Why is analogue more magical
  • How to create a sense of magic in design
  • Perception of colour, imagery, sequence, interactivity on the audience
So... basically no idea of my question for Graphic Arts at the moment. Will attempt this again at a later stage as I'm definitely having some trouble explaining myself. In short I'm interested in the elements of magic that came about through my previous projects. I'd like to investigate why people feel something is magical, or other sensations through specific mediums. I would like to involve the audience more in my process and hopefully understand them better through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment