Saturday 17 September 2011

Other digital play ideas

Whilst I am keen to develop this idea, I have also learned my lesson and don't want to place all my eggs in 1 basket. Learning how to create the app, ensuring its approved by Apple and ideally creating something that it successful will be a challenge which may have to extend outside of my MA. The most important thing for my MA is that I have a working prototype that can be assessed, not necessarily a downloadable finished product, so this is what I will aim for for the time being. To ensure I don't get bogged down with developing the application, I will also explore other areas as well.

Mixing physical with digital
I am keen to explore the potential of QR ('Quick Response') codes within design as well. I love the idea of linking the physical and digital worlds, and exploring the potential of modern technological advancements. Whilst QR codes have been around a while, they are yet to take off fully in the UK, but are being used very creatively by some.

AXA's TV commercial that you can step into:


But I really loved this simple idea by Victor Petit:


QR CODE - Content-rich Resume from Victor petit on Vimeo.

Victor used this to supplement his CV and definitely helped him stand out from the crowd.

Colour and emotion
I am also really keen to explore how people relate colour and emotion and would like to develop some infographics that displays an individuals chosen colours that they feel most represent their feelings over the course of a period of time (e.g., week/month/year). I'd hope that, although the final outcome may not mean much to others, for the person that chooses, it would provide some insight into their own emotions.  I am keen not to use myself for this experiment, as I would like the process of my design to involve my audience and not just be about me, myself and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment