Tuesday 16 February 2010

Introduction to Graphic Arts: Review

So... I've finished my first semester on the course. Its been challenging but interesting and I now have a clearer idea of my practise and how to progress it forward. I also have a clearer idea of the areas I need to improve:
Research - my knowledge of historical precedents and contemporary debates is limited, although much improved from where I was at the beginning of the course
Solving problems - quite often I have found that I have got 'stuck' on an idea. I think this has more to do with anxiety about getting all the work done than my natural style of working. At times I tend to panic and spend a huge amount of time continuing down a path which may not necessarily be the right direction. Taking a step back would allow me to look at the bigger picture.

Its not all bad though! My assessment showed that my work demonstrates a high level of exploration, originality, curiousity and ambition. Of all the criteria, this pleases me the most, as I feel it reflects my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment