Tuesday 12 October 2010

Visual thinking/process visualisation workshop


This class was a bit different from what I'm used to. We all bought in ephemera to put together. I am definitely more comfortable on a computer so this was entirely new to me. We randomly selected words as a starting point for creation. My word was 'chance'. I found this quite difficult as I wasn't really sure where to start - I had bought in too much really and it would have worked better had I of only bought in a few chosen pieces.

However I can see there are ways to improve this and am planning on spending some time building upon it and dividing into separate mini projects as it became clear that there is a lot going on within it. The general idea behind the page is related to the hadron accelerator being a game of chance whilst also attempting to link the idea with 'The Library'.

Effects from photocopying:












I'm also interested in another 'challenge', suggested by Malcolm. The challenge is that you take today's newspaper and make an anagram from the frontpage headline. You then have to style up the page using ONLY that newspaper. I assume I'm also allowed scissors, glue, a photocopier and white paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment