Sunday 18 October 2009

Reconsideration of my 50 things

I tried to implement some of the feedback from week 2. From this it became clear that I needed to make more of the way I had presented the facts in an analytical way. During the redesign it became clear that there was too much information and that not all of it slotted into nice neat categories so I decided to divide my facts into sections that gave a wider picture of who I am and how the facts affect me. The design became far more information led than self analytical and was in part influenced by a music video I have seen by Royksopp which shows a slice of London life and details all the information in the video down to water usage and mass transit.
I also simplified the style so that the project became more about what I’d learnt about myself through the process rather than a bold garish poster that doesn’t truly reflect my personality. The process taught me that I strive to make sense out of the nonsensical and my decision to reflect my facts this way is evidence to this.
The individual pages
Photo of completed booklet

No comments:

Post a Comment