Sunday 11 October 2009

Working on the badge

What should have been a pretty simple project turned into a very complex one. Every single aspect of the font, shape and colours used where considered several times before choosing my final design. Hmmm... if I were a typeface, what would I be?

In terms of the badge shape I wanted an original shape, nothing too familiar. I went for a vague reference to a speech bubble shape as I quite liked the asymmetry of it. I definitely found it quite difficult to choose a font as I don’t feel I fall neatly into any given ‘type’ (scuse the pun) in order to categorise myself! In the end I chose the Qlassik font as I didn’t want anything too hard, and as the badges purpose is to indicate who you are, I wanted the text to be clear and legible
Unfortunately when it actually came to the day that we had to bring in the badges, I had a moment of clarity. To my friends and loved ones I am not ‘Pandora Taylor’ - I am simply P, perhaps I should have kept it very simple and just used the letter P, instead of the formal 'Pandora Taylor'

No comments:

Post a Comment