Friday 30 October 2009

Week 5: Research Skills, John Hammersley

Alot of what we discussed during Johns class was stuff I'd heard previously but it was good to refresh my memory. The key points I will take away from this class is that I need to be selective, summarise and reference. It has been quite some time since I've undertaken 'serious' research and the class reinforced the fact that I need to be more disciplined in my approach. I'm aware that I've been focusing too closely on the mini projects and not doing enough reading. I don't have much time free to commit to my work so I need to be more realistic in what I can achieve.

John set us quite a large task to complete using UWEs online resources facility, hopefully I will find the time to dedicate to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment