Friday 23 October 2009

Week 4: Criticism of 50 things

From our discussion of last week we criticized each other’s work based on the agreed factors that makes good design. We all presented our projects in very different ways and it was really interesting to see each other's interpretations. It became clear that perhaps not all of our chosen factors were as important as each other depending item we were discussing. For instance – for one piece of work, ambiguity seemed more appropriate however we had as a group decided that clarity was a key factor. If through ambiguity you can draw the viewer in, this seemed appropriate.My piece of work was considered and fortunately had moved on a great deal from where it was a fortnight ago (phew). The class suggested ways of making my facts clearer to follow – something I was aware was a problem but couldn’t find a suitable way to achieve and also suggested that I move away from the small gatefold booklet and progress it to 3 separate posters. This would definitely affectively deal with the problem of clarity and would be far more attention grabbing.
Unfortunately time constraints have prevented me from recreating my project as the 3 posters, however, if you're curious about my 50 facts, please click here for my emotional, habitual and lifestyle facts, here for facts about my experiences and here for facts about my characteristics.
For next week we've been tasked with coming up with a list of influences for visual, music, writing and film, and reasons as to why we are influenced by our choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment