Sunday 1 November 2009

Contemplating my motion graphics piece

I really struggled getting my head around what to do my motion graphics piece on as I am still unsure of my manifesto.
Regarding my influences, my original list is very general - my favourite books and films are those because of the story rather than visual style. I don't feel I am very knowledgeable on art and have been more inspired by popular culture than anything else.

Some ideas I've had so far:
  • George Orwell is one of my favourite writers, and his books tend to be quite political, moving and hard hitting. Would creating a propaganda style motion piece fulfill the brief? Or should I focus more on his style of writing rather than what he is writing about? This could be quite challenging!
  • An album cover I particularly like the style of is Zero 7, When It Falls. The cover was designed by Blue Source (a creative group that doesn't exist anymore). Although quite contemporary, the cover looks like it has in part been influenced by a kind of 60s psychedelic style. Could I apply this style to my motion piece?
My other concern is I'm not sure what the content of the motion piece should be. Should it describe the manifesto or just introduce the viewer to ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment